Image: © Oxlock / Shutterstock.com
UN review of the long-term climate target
Climate Action Network has sent a submission to the UN Climate Convention with proposals for the Second Periodic Review and the Structured Expert Dialogue (SED). The submission focuses on seven elements:
- Definition of the long-term goal
- Consideration of the risks of overshooting the long-term goal
- Scenario development to reach the long-term goal
- Recognition of the gap to reach the long-term goal
- Identification of action delivered until now
- Contribution from the IPCC to the third Structured Expert Dialogue
- Suggestions for further research on the long-term goal.
Information about SED meetings: https://unfccc.int/topics/science/workstreams/periodic-review/SED
CAN's submission to SED: https://www4.unfccc.int/sites/SubmissionsStaging/Documents/202203041045-...